Sony Talent League by THU is back with new mentors, a first-time ever physical bootcamp in Spain, 5 finalist teams instead of three, as well as all the usual incredible prizes for creators: funding of up to 10.000, nine weeks of online mentorships, and a full-ride to the next THU event.
We can’t wait to tell you more about the all-inclusive physical bootcamp in Spain, but for now here’s what we can reveal: you will get the opportunity to pitch your project in front of investors, and interact with other creators, entrepreneurs, as well as mentors and finalists from STL. This is a great chance to connect, exchange knowledge, and build a strong pitch to take your project further.
But let’s take a step back and talk about your project!
- For those of you who have ideas for a project: what are you waiting for? Submissions are open!
- And for those of you who are thinking “what project? I don’t have an idea that is good enough to submit!”. First of all, stop doubting yourself. And second of all, we are the ones in charge of deciding if it’s good enough or not. Spoiler alert: there’s a 99.99% chance that it is. Submit your ideas and let our jury panel decide - don’t be the one to say no to yourself and deny yourself an opportunity that could change your creative path. What do you have to lose anyway? If you need a confidence boost, watch this!
Still reading this and wondering if you should apply or not? Here are 5 reasons to do it:
The Sky's the Limit
- How often do you see opportunities come up where you can submit any project idea? I.e. there is no theme to follow and no specific software/medium/tools/format prescribed. It's pretty rare. We realize it can also be daunting - without constraints, decision paralysis can start to creep in. But consider the flip side, you can submit whatever piques your interest, as long as it combines different digital entertainment mediums and is innovative in some way. The world is your oyster, so tap into what you're passionate about, get that creativity revved up, and apply.
You Keep The Rights
- No need to sign over your first born, your left kidney, or the rights to your idea. Whether your project makes it to the final three or not, the rights to it remain yours. Always. Empowering creators and making sure it's done with their best interests in mind: we've got you.
The Barrier to Entry is Low
- There's no entrance fee to apply, no ten page thesis to submit, you can apply solo or as a team (you can also apply alone and find a team if you’re selected. If you’d like to find a team now, click here! You can join our Team Matching Quest until November 14), and if you're selected as a finalist there's funding to help you be able to dedicate your time over the 9 week mentorship. Still hesitant? Read up on the Rules & Criteria here.
The Rewards are Relevant
- The challenge here is to learn. We want to help you learn, grow, and bring your ideas to life. As such, we're putting you in touch with industry leaders as mentors. Talented creatives with a wealth of experience, who are excited to help you on your journey to success. Nine weeks of tailored feedback and insights to help you specifically, about your project. And at the end of it, the final team gets to pitch their idea to actual investors. We hear you. We listened when you said building those kinds of connections and getting those kinds of opportunities can be tough to do organically, so we're here to give you a leg up.
It Stretches You
- Run boldly towards the things that scare you! Ok, well, not if they're going to eat or harm you, but you get the idea. Stepping out of your comfort zone, daring to be uncomfortable, trying new things, that's how you grow. And here, you can do it in a safe and supportive environment, knowing that we're all - the tribe, the THU staff, the mentors, Sony, rooting for you. It's as comfortable as uncomfortable can get. And it's all towards you bringing your ideas to life.
The deadline to apply is December 5, so if you're between the ages of 18-35, or know of creators who are, it's time to get cracking!