You've got an idea for your Sony Talent League project. Great! Now what? You can of course submit on your own, but there's also the option to submit as a group. Collaborative brainstorming, leveraging varied skill sets, dividing and conquering tasks, sharing the journey with other kindred spirits, motivating and cheerleading each other on...there are a variety of reasons to consider going in with a group ;) And if that is indeed the route you take, here are some thoughts and suggestions on how to get started finding your teammates.
- Tap into your circle
- Already have an awesome team of friends or acquaintances who might want to embark on this adventure with you? Awesome! Reach out to them, pitch the idea, and move on to step 2.
- Identify your skills against your needs.
- You're crafting an alien VR game with real-time user input? Cool! What will that require in terms of skill sets? Eg. scriptwriting, concept art, coding, game design, 3D modeling, art direction, etc. Which of these are you or your existing team good at, and which do you need the most help with? Now you've got a perfect starting point to determine who you need on your team next.
- And remember, even if you know how to do all the things, there's only so much time in a day, and so much creative juice you can expend before burning out. You don't have to do it all. Dividing and conquering can really help.
- From here, jump back to step 1, or move on to step 3, as applicable.
- Ask around
- You've got modeling and scriptwriting covered, but you're at a loss for the other skills needed? No worries, start asking around. Even if you don't know anyone who fits this bill, maybe someone you know does.
- Sign-up for our Team Matching Quest! It's easy, all you have to do is fill out this form, and we'll help pair you with people that fit. Just remember that the deadline to fill it in and submit is November 14!
- In parallel to the above, feel free to look further afield. With the internet at our fingertips, it's easy to check out forums, usergroups, Discord groups, meetups, and more related to the areas of expertise you're looking for. Go take a look. At best you might find someone who's the perfect addition to your team. At worst, you might make some new friends. Win-win!
That's it! Now it's in your capable hands to get going on finding your people. And if there's anything we can help with, know that we can always be reached [email protected]. Good luck on your search, we can't wait to see your team take shape.