Beach as far as the eye can see
Beautiful Troia extends for 20 km of clear water beaches and soft white sand and separates the Atlantic Ocean from the Sado Estuary, turning this piece of land a true paradise on earth. Besides the local beaches, you can go for a long stretch and visit Praia da Comporta (17 km), or Praia do Carvalhal (30 km). So, no excuses: awake your tropical summer mojo and head over to enjoy the sun and a swim!
Besides hiking and bike riding, swimming, and kayaking in Troia, you should take a moment to enjoy its natural beauty and gorgeous sunsets with other tribe members! These moments will for sure make the best memories.
Traditional portuguese flavours
When in Portugal… do it the Portuguese way! You can’t go without experiencing delicacies such as choco frito (tempura fried squid), amêijoas (clams), or the famous sweet wine Moscatel de Setúbal.
What to visit?
Once the most significant center of the fish-salting industry during the Roman Empire occupation, Troia’s dunes still preserve the legacy of a lost civilization built between the 1st and the 6th centuries. Did you know that besides fish tanks, you can also find ruins of tombs and tubs for hot and cold baths in Troia? If you’re a history/treasure hunter, this place is a must-visit!
Would you prefer to wander outside the peninsula? The Sado Estuary Nature Reserve is home to several species of fauna and flora, some of them threatened with extinction, and is the perfect spot for inspiration seekers.
- The days are still sunny! Bring your bathing suit, sunscreen, after-sun, and bug repellent (the renowned mutant mosquitoes of Troia are real!). Don't forget to pack warm clothes to wear at night, when the temperature drops with the Atlantic breeze.
- The electric current in Portugal is 220/230 volts at a frequency of 50 hertz and sockets comply with European standards. You will need a 230-volt transformer and an adaptor to use American-style flat-prong plugs.
- It’s safe to drink from the tap.
- The currency in Portugal is the euro. You can make payments using cash or credit/debit cards at the THU Store and at the food stands at the THU food court.
TroiaShoping Shop LA37, 7570-789
Mon-Sun 10:00–13:30 & 14:30–19:00
- Meu Super Troia
Alameda do Pinheiro Manso, 7570-789
Mon-Sun from 09:00-18:00
- R. da Aroeira, 7570-789, Gdl
Mon-Fri 09:00–13:30 & 14:00–17:30
Grab your ticket to join the Tribe in Troia, September 30 - October 5!
Installments are available for all tickets with no additional charges, so the sooner you get it, the better!