Director: Crossroads Digital Multimedia Ltd
Animation studio Uganda
3D Character Animator
Crossroads Digital Multimedia Ltd 2011-ongoing
Uganda, East Africa
• Building Crossroads animations studio, the leading animation company in Uganda
• Co-Producer the first children`s animation series in Uganda, the Mukago series.
• Led the scaling of the Crossroads animation training program to partner with Makerere University.
• Led the partnership of Crossroads and the national ICT innovation hub, ministry of ICT to pattern in youth skills development.
• Co-Founder Women in Animation Uganda( Not-Profit organization to gives African Women a platform to learn Animation and digital multimedia skills.
• Enhancing operations, business development & service delivery.
• Ability to enthuse and develop a team.
• Ability to manage schedules, budgets, and resources to meet project deadlines and goals.
• Working under deadline pressure & deliver high-quality results.
• Able to organize and lead a planned programme for further growth.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
• Setting the culture of the company.
• Ability to analyze and solve production problems, such as technical issues or creative conflicts
• Graduate in 3DComputer Animation, the University of Wales Trinity St-David (UK)
• Graduate Art & Design Technology. Amasham & Wycombe College ( UK)
AREA OF EXPERTISE
• Over 17 years, of producing and animating.
• Over 10 years of training animators
• Winner of the Afrique acceleration seed to produce a Children’s Animation series.
• Co-Producer of the first children’s animation series in Uganda, Mukago ongoing.
• Featured on CNN TV Network. African voice changer in the Animation Industry 2022.
• Production of three Award short animation films. Uganda Film Festival.
• Winner of the Best Director Nile Diaspora 2013.
• DISCOP Expert Speaker about the animation industry 2018 South Africa.
• Chief Animation jury at the Kalasha Film & Market Festival 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya
• Policy contributor as a stakeholder in the content production ministry of ICT and National Guidance, Uganda.
• Keynote speaker at Durban film mart 2021, about the animation industry and connecting to the international market. South Africa.
• Animation jury at Durban film mart 2022, South Africa.
• Head of the Animation and Digital Multimedia partnership with Makerere University on going.
• Mentor and entrepreneur collaboration at The national ICT Innovation HUB, Ministry of ICT and National guidance Uganda.
• David Masanso | LinkedIn
• These animators are bringing African stories to life | CNN
• David MASANSO - Afrique créative (afriquecreative.fr)
• Embrace the animation industry, the youth told - New Vision Official